05 January 2016

2015 Book Year in Review and 2016 Goals

Books Read in 2015: 29
Goal: 30 Books
First Book Read in 2015: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Last Book Read in 2015: Winter by Melissa Meyer
# of Books with 5-Star Reviews: 3
# of Books with 4-Star Reviews: 16
# of Books with 3-Star Reviews: 7
# of Books with 2- Star Reviews: 3
Total Pages Read: 10,995

5-Star Books:
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Winter by Melissa Meyer

Reflecting on 2015
One book short of my goal of reading 30 books! I probably could have tried to eek in a graphic novel or some short stories, but I did not have the energy. I did read a bigger variety of books this year than last year. I finally started to read the Throne of Glass series; the fourth book will be the first book I read in 2016. I wanted Winter to be the last book that I read in 2015 because I enjoyed the series so much and could not wait to see how it ended (surprisingly well considering how many story lines were weaved throughout the series).

I did write more reviews in 2015, but I am still not committed to writing a review for every book that I read, especially since I do most of my reading on my lunch break at work and while I am on vacation. I did not do much writing at all in 2015, but that is always a goal for every year.

Goals for 2016
Having come so close this year, again, I am going to aim for 30 books for 2016. I also am going to read at least one new author, read one new series, read one book outside of my usual genres, and read one classic book. I also want to re-read the Harry Potter series, since I am long overdue for one of those. I have a few non-fiction books that are on my to-read list, especially after my travels (and to inform future travels).

I have recently subscribed to several different book related subscription boxes, so I will start posting reviews of those. I plan on starting a new cycle of 101 things in 1001 days (which I never did in 2015). I also look forward to trying many new things in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment