02 January 2015

2014 Book Year in Review and 2015 Goals

Books Read in 2014: 24
Goal: 50 Books
First Book Read in 2014: Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Last Book Read in 2014: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
# of Books with 5-Star Reviews: 5
# of Books with 4-Star Reviews: 11
# of Books with 3-Star Reviews: 8
Total Pages Read: 9495

 5-Star Books:
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Where She Went by Gayle Forman

I was not very good at reading books OR writing reviews in 2014. As much as I love to read, I guess I just do not enjoy writing about them as much as I thought I would.

I do not make a lot of resolutions, but I do try to set reading goals for myself. I have been aiming for 50 books a year for the past few years, but I have yet to reach that goal. Something always ends up getting in the way. So, for 2015, I decided to give myself the much more manageable goal of 30 books. I am on the right track, already having read one book. So yay for me!

As for the blog, I plan on writing more, but it may not always be book reviews. 2014 started off great, and many awesome things happened in 2014. But the two months of the year were just plain awful and for the first time in a very long time I was actually happy to see the new year. The first thing I need to write about will be those two months. "And it's been a long December and there is reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last" (Counting Crows - A Long December).

 I also have some ongoing projects that I need to comment on, such as 101 in 1001 Days. I am nearing the end of my second cycle and am excited about making new goals for the next 1001 days.

 I want to start writing about my travels, both past and upcoming.

I just need to get into the habit of writing again. Period.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2015 to you! It sounds like you made a more attainable goal for yourself with 30 books. Best of luck! Whatever you decide to write about on your blog will be wonderful. I always enjoy learning about new books, but I also like to read about travel and regular life things too. :)

    I hope this year will be better than the last!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete