01 January 2015

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre: Contemporary YA
Rating: 5 Stars

I was hesitant to read this book. partly because of the hype and partly because I do not read much contemporary YA. This book surprised me in so many ways. I was immediately drawn into the story and could easily relate to Anna. I loved "discovering" Paris with her. I have not been to Paris (yet) although I have been to France, so reading brought back memories of my own travels and discoveries. I always wanted to study abroad and never had the chance in high school or college. Knowing that Stephanie Perkins spent time in Paris to write this book made me think that maybe I could still have the opportunity to spend time in another city just to write about it. But back to Anna's story. I loved watching her not only fall in love, but as cheesy as it sounds, I loved it when she found herself. I even loved the moment she realized that she understood French! I took French in high school and college, and both times I was in France it still felt so foreign to me to hear and speak. I thought the book was well-written. It sounded "young" without sounding annoying. I will definitely be reading more books by Stephanie Perkins this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment